The 2019 Kalamazoo College women's cross country team is set to begin its season on Saturday, Sept. 7 as it travels to the Knight Invite in Grand Rapids. Kalamazoo's schedule begins with two races within the state before four races in four different states. The Kalamazoo roster features three returnees from the 2018 team and a pair of newcomers.
- The Hornets will open their season on Saturday, Sept. 7 at the Knight Invite in Grand Rapids
- Kalamazoo will run in Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio during its regular season
- The MIAA Championships will be run on Nov. 2 at Trine University in Angola, Ind.
Returning Statistical Leaders
- Each of the three returning Hornet runners (Rachel Cornell, Rachael Gallap, Kathryn LeVasseur) competed in at least five meets last season
- Junior Rachael Gallap returns following a sophomore season that featured an MIAA Runner of the Week recognition
- The 2018 team carried a 3.47 GPA which was third-best among Kalamazoo College teams
Head Coach Kyle Morrison
Coach Morrison is beginning his first season in charge of the Hornet women's cross country team. Morrison comes to Kalamazoo from Pepperdine University where he was a volunteer assistant coach with the Waves' cross country and track programs while teaching in the University's sports medicine department. He received a bachelor's degree in kinesiology from Hope College in 2004 and earned a Ph.D. in kinesiology at Michigan State University.