The 2019 Kalamazoo College volleyball team is set to begin it's season on Friday, Aug. 30 when it travels to Beloit, Wis. for the Buc Blast Tournament. The Hornets' schedule features three non-conference tournaments to begin the year before entering the bulk of the MIAA schedule that includes four home matches. The Kalamazoo roster has five new faces from last year's team including three first-year students.
- The Hornets will open their season on Friday, Aug. 30 at the Buc Blast Tournament
- Kalamazoo will participate in the inaugural MIAA/NCAC Crossover in Lansing on Sept. 6 and 7
- The home opener is set for Wednesday, Sept. 18 against Manchester at 7 p.m.
- Olivet will visit Anderson Athletic Center on Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 7 p.m. for the MIAA home opener
- The MIAA Tournament will begin Tuesday, Nov. 5 and conclude Saturday, Nov. 9
Returning Statistical Leaders
- Middle Hitter Madi Goodman returns after leading the Hornets in kills last season with 274
- Maddie Wojcik's 432 digs led Kalamazoo during her freshman season in 2018
- Sophomore Grace Kraft returns following a season with 234 assists which were second-most on the team
- Senior Maria Katrantzi is back after missing the 2018 season. In 2017, the outside hitter led the team in kills (216) and service aces (22).
Head Coach Cindy Cavanagh
Coach Cavanagh is starting her first season in charge of the Hornet volleyball team as she takes over following Jeanne Hess' retirement. Cavanagh comes to Kalamazoo from Finlandia University where she was the Head Volleyball Coach and Assistant Athletic Director for Student Development. In her lone season with the Lions, she led the team to the American Collegiate Athletic Association championship match.