The 2020 Kalamazoo College women's lacrosse team begins its season on Wednesday, Feb. 19 at Ohio Northern University. The Hornets' early-season schedule begins with a stretch of five road games before hosting a pair of non-MIAA foes prior to their trip to Texas over spring break. The Kalamazoo roster brings back 15 members from the 2019 season but also features 13 newcomers.
- The Hornets will open their season at Ohio Northern University on Wednesday, Feb. 19.
- Kalamazoo hosts Rochester (N.Y.) on Tuesday, March 10 for its first home game of the season. The team also welcomes Cleary to MacKenzie Field two days later.
- The team travels to Texas during Spring Break and will compete against Dallas, Southwestern (Tex.), and Whitworth during the trip.
- The MIAA opener is scheduled for Tuesday, March 31 in a road match-up with Adrian.
- The MIAA Tournament is set to begin on Wednesday, April 29 and conclude on Saturday, May 2.
Returning Statistical Leaders
- The team returns six of its eight double-digit point scorers from a season ago. Four of which scored more than 10 goals.
- Two-time All-MIAA First Team member Rachel Madar returns after back-to-back seasons leading Kalamazoo in scoring. Her 151 career goals are the most in school history.
- Junior Lilly Baumann brings experience back to the Kalamazoo midfield as she has tallied 58 points in 27 career starts.
- After starting all 16 games during her first season with the Hornets, sophomore Rose Bogard looks to build upon a strong freshman campaign in which she averaged more than one goal per game.
Head Coach Jess Smith
Coach Smith is set to begin her fifth season in charge of the Hornet women's lacrosse team. In her first season as head coach of the Hornets, she led the Hornets to its first MIAA Tournament appearance. Under Smith, four different players have been named to All-MIAA teams including one who was named MIAA Defensive Player of the Year in 2016. Prior to arriving in Kalamazoo, Smith had been a teacher and head varsity girl's lacrosse coach at Patterson Mill High School in Bel Air, Md. since 2007. She also worked and coached with Top of the Bay Sports since 2010 and the Elite Lacrosse Club since 2012.