The 2019-20 Kalamazoo College women's basketball team begins its season on Monday, Nov. 11 when it plays host to Dominican (Ill.) at 6 p.m. A bulk of the Kalamazoo non-conference schedule will be on the road including a trip to Manchester to play in the Manchester Tournament Nov. 15-16. The Hornets return four of seven players that started games last season and features three first-year athletes.
- The Hornets will open their season on Monday, Nov. 11 against Dominican at Anderson Athletic Center
- Nov. 15-16 marks the lone tournament that the Hornets will play in at Manchester
- Kalamazoo's MIAA opener is slated for Saturday, Dec. 7 at home against Olivet
- The final home game will take place on Saturday, Jan. 22 against Alma
- The MIAA Tournament is set to begin on Wednesday, Feb. 26 and conclude on Saturday, Feb. 29
Returning Statistical Leaders
- Kaytlyn Tidey, Kalamazoo's leading scorer in 2018-19, returns following a freshman campaign in which she averaged 14.1 points per game.
- Isabelle Clark and Mya Gough return to the team for 2019-20. Each player averaged more than 27 minutes per game in 2017-18.
- Clark led the 2017-18 squad in 3-point percentage while Gough topped that team in blocked shots and defensive rebounds.
- Sierra Fraser returns for her senior campaign after tying the school record for rebounds in a game with 22 against Finlandia last season.
Head Coach Katie Miller
Coach Miller returns to Kalamazoo for her ninth season as head coach of the Hornets. Miller has coached the Hornets to two of their most successful season since the early 2000s with 12 wins in 2013-14 and 16 wins in 2014-15. In addition to leading the Kalamazoo women's basketball team, Miller also serves as Kalamazoo College's senior woman administrator and chair of the physical education department.
Joining Miller on the staff are Jessica Rauch, Perri Nicholson, and Danielle Simon. Rauch joined the Hornets with Miller in 2011-12 and previously served as an assistant coach at Albion High School and Albion College. Nicholson (2016) and Simon (2018) both joined the coaching staff just after finishing their playing careers with the Hornets. Each player earned accolades while playing for Kalamazoo including Nicholson being honored as the MIAA Defensive Player of the Year in 2015 and Simon being named to the All-MIAA Second Team as a senior.