The 2019 Kalamazoo College men's cross country team is set to begin its season on Saturday, Sept. 7 as it travels to the Knight Invite in Grand Rapids. Kalamazoo's schedule begins with two races within the state before four races in four different states. The Kalamazoo roster features four returnees from the 2018 team.
- The Hornets will open their season on Saturday, Sept. 7 at the Knight Invite in Grand Rapids
- Kalamazoo will run in Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio during its regular season
- The MIAA Championships will be run on Nov. 2 at Trine University in Angola, Ind.
Returning Statistical Leaders
- Three of the returning Hornet runners (Jackson Kelly, Sam Meyer, Caleb Patton) competed in at least six of last year's eight meets
- Kelly has been named MIAA Runner of the Week three times in his career including once last season
- Kelly was also named to the All-Region team following the 2017 season
Head Coach Kyle Morrison
Coach Morrison is beginning his first season in charge of the Hornet men's cross country team. Morrison comes to Kalamazoo from Pepperdine University where he was a volunteer assistant coach with the Waves' cross country and track programs while teaching in the University's sports medicine department. He received a bachelor's degree in kinesiology from Hope College in 2004 and earned a Ph.D. in kinesiology at Michigan State University.