The 2020 Kalamazoo College men's lacrosse team is scheduled to begin its season on Saturday, Feb. 15 at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. The Hornets' schedule features a mix of eight non-conference games in February and March, including a trip to Texas, before beginning MIAA competition in early April. The Kalamazoo roster has 13 returning members along with three freshmen and a pair of new upperclassmen.
- The Hornets will open their season on Saturday, Feb. 15 at the University of Michigan-Dearborn at 11 a.m.
- Kalamazoo hosts Taylor (Ind.) on Saturday, Feb. 29 for its first home game of the season. The game begins a stretch of four straight at MacKenzie Field for the team.
- The team travels to Texas during Spring Break and will compete against Dallas and Southwestern (Tex.) during the trip.
- The MIAA opener is scheduled for Saturday, April 4 when Kalamazoo travels to Calvin.
- The MIAA Tournament is set to begin on Wednesday, April 29 and conclude on Saturday, May 2.
Returning Statistical Leaders
- The team returns its top four point scorers from a season ago including sophomore Dylan McGorisk whose 55 points were eighth-most in the MIAA in 2019 and earned him All-MIAA recognition in his freshman season.
- Fellow sophomore Jack Loveland returns to the Kalamazoo midfield after scoring 26 goals and dishing out 17 assists last season.
- With a team-high 21 assists in 2019, Jack Smith begins his third season in the Hornet attack as he added 15 goals a season ago to compile 36 points.
- Coming off of back-to-back 30-point seasons, Brandon Wright enters his junior season just three goals away from the Kalamazoo school record of 53.
- Goalie Nate Silverman also returns as his 49 goals against were tops in the MIAA in 2019 among qualifiers. The senior also sported a 9.74 goals-against average which was fourth-best in the league.
Head Coach Vince Redko
Coach Redko is set to begin his 5th season as the head coach of the Hornets. Redko has been the lead man for the Kalamazoo men's lacrosse team since the program began prior to the 2016 season and led the 2019 team to a school-best five wins. Prior to his time at Kalamazoo, Redko served as the recruiting coordinator and defensive coach at Connecticut College for two seasons. He also spent two years as defensive and recruiting coordinator at Misericordia University in Dallas, Pa. Zach Cameron will be joining Redko's staff for the 2020 season as an assistant coach.