The 2019-20 Kalamazoo College men's basketball team is set to tip-off its season on Saturday, Nov. 9 at home against Ripon. The Hornets' schedule features six home non-conference games before beginning the MIAA slate that features home contests against all seven conference foes. The Kalamazoo roster has 12 returning members along with a pair of juniors that return following a season away and two new first-year players.
- The Hornets will open their season on Saturday, Nov. 9 against Ripon at Anderson Athletic Center
- Nov. 20-Dec. 1 features a stretch of four straight home contests for Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo's MIAA opener is slated for Wednesday, Jan. 8 at Trine
- The MIAA home opener is one week later (Jan. 15) against Olivet
- Senior Day occurs on Wednesday, Feb. 19 when the Hornets host Calvin
- The MIAA Tournament is set to begin on Tuesday, Feb. 25 and conclude on Saturday, Feb. 29
Returning Statistical Leaders
- 4,779 of a total 5,027 minutes played come back from the 2018-19 team
- Kalamazoo returns its top nine point scorers from a year ago including all three members on the team that averaged more than 10 points per game (Ben Reiter, Tanner Blyly, Jeremiah Vincent)
- Reiter, a senior and last season's leading scorer, returns as the team's leader in three-pointers made the last two seasons
- All 11 players that participated in at least 20 games in 2018-19 are back for 2019-20
Head Coach Nick Giard
Coach Giard is set to begin his first season as the head coach of the Hornets. He comes to Kalamazoo after time at Williams College as an assistant coach, Southern Illinois Edwardsville as the director of basketball operations, and the University of South Florida as a graduate assistant. During his time at Williams, the Ephs compiled a 46-13 record, were ranked in the top-five in the country 15 times, and made back-to-back NCAA III Tournament appearances. He is the 15th head coach in the 113-year history of the program.
Assisting Giard this season are coaches Kevin White and Matt Covault. This will be White's sixth straight season with the Hornets as he has also spent time coaching Glen Oaks Community College, Albion College, and Kalamazoo Central High School. Covault, like Giard, is joining the Kalamazoo staff for his first season. He comes to the Hornets with 24 years of coaching experience including 14 years as head boys basketball coach at Loy Norrix High School.