The 2019 Kalamazoo College football team is set to kick-off it's season on Saturday, Sept. 7 as it heads to Oberlin College for a 1 p.m. start. The Hornets' schedule features a pair of road games to begin the year before the home opener against Lakeland. The Kalamazoo offense returns its top two all-purpose yards per game leaders while the defense brings back six of its top seven tacklers from a year ago.
- The Hornets will open their season on Saturday, Sept. 7 at Oberlin
- Kalamazoo's home opener is slated for Saturday, Sept. 21 against Lakeland at 1 p.m.
- The MIAA opener will be played on Oct. 5 at Adrian
- Kalamazoo will host Albion on Saturday, Oct. 19 for Homecoming
- The 2019-20 seniors will be recognized on Nov. 9 against Hope during Kalamazoo's final home game
Returning Statistical Leaders
- Jared Pittman returns for his senior season following 515 yards on 127 carries and four rushing touchdowns last season
- Anthony Giovanni and Sam Matthews each tallied more than 20 receptions during their junior seasons in 2018
- Taylor Jackson, Jake Osen, and Jake Sypniewski each collected 60 tackles last season, good for a tie for second on the team
- Osen made two interceptions and 10 pass breakups and led the Hornets in both categories
- Greg Kearns connected on 11 of 13 field goals and 27 of 28 extra-point attempts in 2018
Head Coach Jamie Zorbo
Coach Zorbo returns for his 12th season in charge of the Hornet football program. He has seen 35 different players recieve All-MIAA recognition since taking over in 2008. Zorbo and the Hornets won seven games a year ago which was the most for a Kalamazoo team since 1962. The 2018 team allowed just 166 points against which was the lowest mark since the 1991 team gave up just 76 points.