Kalamazoo College Athletics
Mission Statement and Guiding Principles
The Department of Athletics at Kalamazoo College enhances the greater College mission by providing challenging opportunities for our student-athletes to use BEST principles toward building a healthy balance of outstanding scholarship and winning athletic achievement as a means of realizing their full human potential. In serving this mission, all involved with the Department become champions in the classroom, in competition and in life.
In following these guiding principles and as we pursue our mission, the Department of Athletics seeks to:
- Ensure ethnic and gender diversity among our coaches, staff, and student athletes, consistent with the College’s educational mission.
- Promote character development, leadership qualities, sportsmanship, and academic excellence in our student athletes.
- Promote and nurture a sense of community within athletics and the College community.
- Contribute to the enhancement of institutional morale and pride throughout the College among students, faculty, staff, alumni and patrons.
- Create the expectation of high achievement both in the classroom and in the playing venues.
- Provide opportunities for student growth and development within a positive learning environment.
- Provide a foundation for life-long learning and achievement.
- Achieve success at the highest level of
NCAA Div. III athletics.